Monday, May 7, 2012

A Beautiful truth

I love these words, So Beautiful & so true!
I believe if you have not suffered, if you have not been broken, if you have not seen life at some of it's worst and still come out with hope, kindness, love and generosity, you are not beautiful. Not truly. Beauty starts from within and merges forward to your outer self. Without sad, nostalgic half-smiles, that special twinkle in one's eye, without hearts filled with emotions (some that have no words to label them), you can not be fully beautiful, because you have yet to be fully formed. I got this quote to remind me that my pain will lead me somewhere, hopefully somewhere better. That beauty is not skin deep. That I will be a better person for my suffering. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” - Elisabeth Kübler-Ross